Saying hello

Antworten
carzam

Saying hello

Beitrag von carzam »

First of all, I would like to say hello to all members on this forum. I live in Malta where many of your members, one day came for a sunny holiday for sure.
I have been breeding killifish for the last 40 years and though I had many visitors from most European countries, I never had a visit from a German member.
In the past I have kept many different species and had (still have) a fishroom with 60 tanks, all with killifsh. I used to send most of these fish to the UK. Also members on holidays, used to take many fish in their hand luggage. Now this is not possibble any more, so I did slow down.
At present I have some Nothos. and Aphanius mento Kirk Goz and Aphanius dispar richardsoni Ein Feshka. Though the Nothos. keep spawning all year round, the Aphanius are very seasonal. I keep them in outdoor ponds and as the weather is cooling down, they will stop laying eggs soon.
My dispar, last year at the BKA convention won 1st. Best Foreign entry and Best in show. That time, my only pair for the show, was hand delivered. This time, I sent 8 different pairs by post. Unluckily, my best dispar male, arrived dead. Yet from the unofficial report that I received, my dispar won a 1st. So did my Notho.eggersi red and N.guentheri blue won 2nd.
Anyone interested in eggs or pairs of the above species can contact me at carmzammit@gmail.com

Kindest regards to all,
carzam
Graham Beek

Re: Saying hello

Beitrag von Graham Beek »

Hi Charles,

Good to see you here! I've visited a bit in the past, good helpful bunch. We should be getting the results up from the BKA show soon on the web (when I get them).

Cheers,
Graham
carzam

Re: Saying hello

Beitrag von carzam »

Hi Graham,
Thanks for the welcome.
We, the older folks will share our experiences with the newcomers and all and the younger generation will help us how to use and understand these new technologies.
The internet is a fantastic tool. In my younger days, we used to write a letter asking for information about a certain species and the answer might be back in 15 days. Now I write in the morning and in a couple of hours, I have a reply.
Charles.
Antworten